Monday, January 23, 2012

at what cost is divorce okay?

After reading an article on MSN I am pretty disgusted by some of these women. Growing up a child of divorce I swore I would never put myself or my children through something like that. It amazes me that someone could be so selfish, to marry the wrong guy. Don't these people have any morals?

When I saw my parents go through a divorce, it convinced me that marriage was something very important that shouldn't be taken lightly. I understood that when my time came I needed to know 100% that he was the person for me. A wedding shouldn't be a lot of pressure because of the people that are attending, or because the flowers might wilt. You should be under pressure because you are making the decesion to live with this person your entire life. Your wedding day should be the biggest day of your life because you are making a life long commitment, that is entended until death do you part.

I don't think divorce should be as easy as they make it. You know, they just passed a bill saying that in order to get an abortion you must go through some counseling, you must have a ultrasound and hear the heartbeat and you must wait 24 hours before the doctor can perform it. I think they should inforce something like that in order to get divorced. Divorce not only hurts the couple, it hurts everyone around them.

Deep down I truly believe my Mother was never in love with my Father. She may have loved him, but she wasn't in love. I know what it feels like to be in love and I know I never want it to end. I never want to go without that feeling ever again, and I will never do anything that could keep me away from the person I am in love with. That's a big mistake to make.

Someone just the other day was telling me about their wedding, and she said "I know it's just a piece of paper" What? I couldn't believe that I heard someone say that.

Bottom line is, society plays up marriage big time. In reality it's way more than a piece of paper, marriage should be a blessing, something you are excited about, something that you are completely commited to, and something that will last a lifetime.

What do you think the main cause of divorce is, and at what cost?

No comments:

Post a Comment